History

Hellenic American Academy was founded on March 4, 1906 and is the oldest Greek American Orthodox day school in the United States.

Classes have been running daily at the school's current location at 41 Broadway St. in Lowell, Massachusetts since the building was established in 1959. Throughout our history, we have been dedicated in providing academic excellence, a positive attitude toward school and learning and assisting students in becoming independent and self-sufficient. 

Classes were originally held in the basement of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Lowell, Massachusetts. Since then, Hellenic American Academy has gone by three names: Greek Parochial School in 1906, Hellenic American School in 1915 and the present-day Hellenic American Academy since 2005.

The adjacent Hellenic Cultural Center was built in 1985. The building provides a venue for spiritual and cultural activities to the surrounding community. The tot playground on campus and property signage were gifted to the Academy.